The unstoppable rise of The Lathums escalates further with the announcement that the four-piece will play their biggest shows to date in April and May 2021, including a dream-come-true date at the historic O2 Ritz, Manchester and a return to the capital to play at London’s Electric Ballroom. The 13-date, nationwide run goes onsale to the band’s fervent, and growing, fanbase on Fri 31 July 2020 at 10am.
The emergence of the melodic indie band from Wigan with heart-quickening live intensity, near-spiritual positive energy and literary influences (Essential listening: Fight On – influenced by tales of the French Resistance) has thrilled those waiting patiently for new heroes of emotive guitar music that means everything. An 18-month journey from playing bars to selling out their first headline tour in just one day, signing to Island Records on the way, made for a breathless first chapter. With the plot warming up to the point of overheating, the next, exciting episode gets underway on even bigger stages.
Rushing into 2021 with a run of rescheduled support dates in the UK and Europe with Blossoms and domestic engagements with Paul Weller, the full list of dates for The Lathums Spring Tour 2021 are as follows:
- Thu 22 Apr Hull, Social
- Fri 23 Apr Manchester, O2 Ritz
- Sat 24 Apr Stoke, Sugarmill
- Thu 29 Apr Glasgow, Garage
- Fri 30 April Sheffield, University Foundry
- Sat 1 May Newcastle, Riverside
- Tue 4 May Nottingham, Rescue Rooms
- Wed 5 May Birmingham, O2 Institute 2
- Fri 7 May Leicester, O2 Academy 2
- Sat 8 May Leeds, Beckett Students Union
- Sun 9 May Cardiff, Globe
- Tue 11 May Oxford, O2 Academy 2
- Wed 12 May London, Electric Ballroom