Disco-punks Bugeye are teasing their debut album with the release of new single Don’t Stop, via independent label Reckless Yes on 28 February 2020.
Ferocious in their DIY spirit and having drawn comparisons to Sleater-Kinney, been described as a mash-up of Blondie and Pixies, this is disco-meets-Riot Grrrl. Don’t Stop is…
The band said of the track: “Don’t Stop is about alcohol abuse and the cyclical state that goes hand in hand with this. It’s a downward spiral of fuck ups and promises that tomorrow will be different. It’s about the denial of evening having a problem in the first place and the pressure that society and the media put on us to don’t stop.”
The band’s debut album, produced by Paul Tipler (Idlewild, Cable, LIINES, Placebo, Elastica) is expected to be released later in 2020 and will be available to Reckless Yes members as well as getting a general retail release.
The band first formed in the late ‘90s where they played The Astoria to Wembley and everything in-between before taking a break until 2015. Since their return they’ve been pushing the boundaries of their sound with several well-received singles, praise from the likes of God Is In The TV, Louder Than War, and Get In Her Ears, support from Steve Lamacq and John Kennedy as well as airplay at Absolute Radio, all topped off with a growing audience of fans.
Next live dates:
- 1 Feb – London, Old Blue Last (w/ Salvation Jane)
- 29 Feb – London, Club Kolis (Camden Rocks)
- 7 Mar – M’boro, GRL/AMPT Festival
- 13 Mar – Birmingham, Actress and Bishop
- 14 Mar – Bath, St James’ Vaults
- 20 Mar – Northampton, The Black Prince
- 21 Mar – Bishops’ Stortford, The Half Moon
Social media and streaming:
- Sound cloud:https://soundcloud.com/bugeye
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/bugeyeband
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bugeyemusic/
- Website: https://www.bugeyeband.co.uk
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYP6oGpD7ki_lsq5rEZv9Uw
- Instagram: @bugeye_music
- Angela Martin – guitar and vocals
- Paula Snow – bass
- Grace Healey – keyboard
- Kerrie Smith – drums